Temporary Visas

The temporary visa classification covers a broad range of visas used to enter the United States for work, pleasure, or study.  Some visas allow for “dual intent.”  This means that you may attempt to obtain permanent residency (a green card) while under that classification.  Most temporary visas, however, require you establish non-immigrant intent.  This means you should demonstrate that you have a permanent residence in your home country that you have no intention of abandoning.  In fact, most visa application denials occur due to the applicant's inability to establish non-immigrant intent.

The duration of time you may spend in the U.S. can range from a few days to several years, depending on the visa.  In most situations, your spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21 may accompany you on a derivative visa.

Please call our office today if you would like more information on how to obtain a temporary visa.

Serving the entire world from Houston, Texas. Please call the Law Office of Alex M. Torres. You will be glad you did!

© 2024 Law Office of Alex M. Torres | Disclaimer
6250 Westpark Drive, Suite 132, Houston, TX 77057
| Phone: (713) 662-0400

U.S. Citizenship | Deportation Defense | Temporary Visas | Deferred Action | Consular Processing | Permanent Residency | Temporary Protected Status | Violence Against Women Act | Waivers of Inadmissibility | About Us | Directions | Contact Us


Make a Payment - Legal Fees Make a Payment - Immigration Fees